Friday, April 2, 2010

each day is a gift...

135 gifts, to be exact.

135 since my last clear scan.

135 days i loved my kids. and thought about, but didn't dwell on the last year.

135 days i didn't use as wisely as i should have, but 135 days i had nonetheless.

135 gifts.

and 1 day since my positive biopsy.

it's back.

i'm hoping i can absorb and fully take advantage of each day more i am given.

i have no news on what will happen. no prognosis. i have a pet scan next thursday and from the results of that will determine what happens next.

it started with a lump i felt in my neck last week. and ended with a call from dr. d. yesterday. he's moving fast. i hope fast enough. i'll keep you updated when i have more info. but you have just as much as i do now.

hoping for many more gifts. and hoping i can take full advantage of the ones i am given.

8 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

talk about having the wind knocked out of you! keep us updated and know you are loved and prayed for! enjoy your gifts. :)

The Tweedy Family said...

Jenny, You are in my prayers... always! If there is anything that I can do... please let me know! Big, big hugs to you... Lisa Tweedy (Kelly and Lindsay's friend)

The Nedrys said...

I hate cancer. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. I can't restrain my tears and fears in this moment, so I can't imagine what you are feeling. I love you, Jen. I am always here for you if you need me. I will fly to you, Bob, and the boys in a minute for anything. We will be fasting, and praying, and hoping.

Susanne said...

You are in my prayers, Jen. I'm so sick to my stomach thinking you'll have to go at this yet again. But I know you'll go forward with faith. Do you wear hats?

Jillyboo said...

Thinking of you all the time, especially today. BYU brownies are calling our name, I just know we'll be able to go together!

Love you!!

Amber said...

Jen, Amber and I are thinking about you and praying for you! We love you and think about you and Bobby a lot even if we don't get together often. We are here for you always for anything.

Amber said...

I just got home from the store and Chad told me the news. Shocked, sad...plus a million other emotions surging through me. Seriously, how can this be? Makes me think about what a crappy mom I am and what an incredible mom you are. You enjoy every moment with your kids. I've been yelling non-stop this week. We will all be down on our knees praying for your continued strength.

Kelly said...

Jenny,

You are in my constant prayers! If there is anything we can do for you guys, please let us know. We are always here for you! Love you and your whole family! xoxo