At girls camp last year, I went repelling. It was at the end of a chemo week. And you had to hike far and high to get there. The equipment was safe and there was priesthood at the top and the bottom to catch me. But I was still sick, and do I need to meantion...scared.
On the intial descent, you had to walk down over a jagged rock that stuck out from the flat part you were supposed to repel off of. It was high and it was scarey. One of the young women in my ward was really scared. And she didn't want to do it. But her leaders told her she could. And I told her if she did it, I would do it, too. She put on her gear, stepped over that rock, and started her descent.
And she flipped upside down. Completely upside down. Hanging over a rock. By a rope attached to her stomach. I heard her scream. The priesthood grabbed her feet, trying to help her regain her balance.
And she did.
And she repelled down the rock.
And squealed with delight when she reached the bottom.
And screamed, "Sister Johnson, it's your turn!!!"
And I climbed over that rock. And started to sweat. Because that rock stuck out farther than it even looked when hiking by it.
But I did it. I repelled down that rock wall. With Priesthood helping me down, and Priesthood catching me at the bottom. And my lovely Young Women congratulating me when I got there.
I've done hard things. And I will continue to do hard things. Because I can.
2 comments:
You rock and I love you. It's ok to accept help with those hard things too. Sometimes that's a hard thing too. Xoxo glad we're friends. That's easy!
Thinking of you today!! Ihope its a good one.
Post a Comment