Bob here - I guess my blogging must be up to snuff because my wife asked me to blog again tonight. Today we almost left - bags were packed, discharge papers in hand - then after some discussion we decided Jenny wasn't ready to go home. In the 9+ years I've known Jenny, she has taken maybe a total of 5 Tylenol or Advil or aspirin. She just doesn't like it and for that matter rarely takes it. After the twins were born via C-section she didn't take anything during recovery - not a single bit of pain medicine. She has an ability to tolerate large amounts of pain without medicine of any kind. To put into perspective just how painful this week has been for her, she has been on some pretty strong (doctor prescribed) narcotics. We have not yet found a mix that works for her which allows her to minimize the pain but not completely make her comatose. Up to today, she was either awake and in pain or with severe nausea or in such a deep sleep due to the medicine. The doctor came and altered her meds a bit so hopefully the change will help both control the pain but not put her under either. This is why we didn't leave and it took 2 calls plus a visit from her doctor to make him believe us that we weren't ready to leave. We weren't comfortable going home without a good pain management plan in place for her. I think we should be set to go home tomorrow. We are both ready to leave.
On a side note, I think the pink vinyl sofa and I have declared a truce. I took a nap today...
3 comments:
That is amazing that you are feeling strong enough to go home tomorrow! Just shows how strong you are and how you plan to attack this cancer and WIN!!
I hope you are able to find a balance in the meds to help you manage pain, but still function and go home and see your sweet little boys!
If you need any help at home, or anytime, please let me know... I will be there in a moment's notice!
Love, Kel xoxo
I just finished reading all the posts...WOW. You guys have handled this with such strength and grace...Thank you for sharing with us what you're going through. I am hoping that by now Jenny is home and back with her little ones. They will help heal her, I know it.
We love you!
I hope you all are home now. In your own bed surrounded by your sweet little boys.
Post a Comment